About the opportunity
As the User Experience Designer you’re a vital member of the digital marketing team. You’re skilled in the design of complex transactional and marketing web sites and web-based product solutions. This is a fantastic opportunity to carry forward and extend the next-generation of pitneybowes.com marketing, account management and customer support experiences.
You’re a UX professional who thrives in a creative, collaborative design practice that links the product development, marketing and technology groups. You will drive the effective inclusion of “voice of customer” in early project definition; rapid iteration of design concepts; and the evaluation of proposed design solutions.
Build. Deploy. Bridge. Grow.
• Drive ongoing development of the global UX vision, strategy and roadmap across multiple technology platforms, focusing on innovation and user centric solutions.
• Translate client insights into actionable concepts that drive business results.
• Partner with other user experience practitioners, visual designers and user interface developers across the company to implement the practices and ensure visual, functional and conceptual consistency.
• Partner with project stakeholders to specify business requirements and customer value statements (user stories). Create UX deliverables appropriate to the project, including personas, task analysis, content strategies, sitemaps, and wireframes.
• Function within either agile or waterfall work streams, as needed.
8+ years of the following experiences: User Experience Design, Information Architecture (IA), Interaction Design, Human Factors Engineering, or related fields in the creation of large-scale dynamic websites and designing and building innovative and attractive web-based applications.
• Demonstrable experience designing transactional interfaces across the customer lifecycle.
• Deep knowledge of UX tools for documenting functionality.
• An online portfolio of recent work that demonstrates your creative and documentation practices.
• Proven conceptual skills, a critical eye for detail, and the ability to translate complex concepts into a clear visual representation.
• Experience conducting user-centered research such as card sorting, contextual inquiry, competitive analysis, and moderated usability testing to validate concepts/designs.
• Experience with prototyping tools.
• Familiarity with “Lean UX” principals, to apply as needed per project.
• Advanced Degree in User Experience Design, Human Factors, Human Computer Interaction, related area of study or equivalent work experience.
At Pitney Bowes, our passionate and ambitious team delivers innovations that help clients navigate the complex and always evolving world of commerce: from helping them use data to market to the best customers, to enabling the sending of parcels and packages efficiently, to securing payments through statements and invoices. In everything we do, we deliver accuracy and precision to drive meaningful impact.
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
W/M/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBT are encouraged to apply.
All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with Disabilities link.