About the Opportunity
As a Customer Service Administrator at Pitney Bowes, you thrive on meeting the company’s mailing productivity standards and you deliver with precision. You see opportunities where others see challenges.
Build. Deploy. Bridge. Grow.
In this role, you’ll join our Presort Service team in Naperville, IL. You will be responsible for:
- Communicate with Operations personnel daily to determine issues or problems that may have arisen or are anticipated.
- Enter and retrieve information using computer systems and applications to update records, obtain information for others and respond to most questions and problems.
- Administers all databases to include, but not limited to
- Input and update of customer address, client meter information, USPS paperwork requirements, mail quality issues, client blast e-mail communications, and TQM compliance
- Assist in managing and building client relationship with small to medium customers by being proactive in preventing issues.
- Assist in analysis and presentation to operations team as needed.
- Notify PBPS management of issues or changes required to enhance and maintain client retention.
- Complete special reports for clients as necessary.
- Conducts customer survey phone calls to address the quality of service the client is receiving.
- Handles incoming client calls and coordinates as necessary with PB staff as necessary
- Assist investigations and resolutions of customer mailing concerns arising from services provided.
- Checks with QC and QA for any customer mail issues and takes appropriate steps to resolve
- Coordinates with staff on client start-ups, special mailings, or specific customer requests.
- Assist with invoicing process for customers to ensure timeliness and accuracy through monthly review
- Calls customers regarding collection of accounts receivables.
- All other duties as assigned. Provide back-up support in absence of others
• Demonstrated minimum 1 year customer service experience
• Ability to organize, prioritize and handle multiple work assignments
• Ability to lift up to 50 #’s, walk, stand, stoop, and bend 80% of the time with or without accommodation.
• Strong knowledge of PC applications; MS Office suite of products
•Work Schedule is Monday- Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm. Part-time schedule could also be accommodated
• Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal communications skills
• Ability to maintain high work quality with limited supervision, effectively work individually or in a team environment
• Able to handle difficult customer situations with professional and courteous attitude
Based on operational need; must have a flexible schedule to work overtime, which may include weekends, holiday, and/or a different shift with limited or no advance notice.
• This position pays $14.00 – 17.00 per hour based on previous experience and skill set
Our Presort Services team is a national outsource provider of mail presort services for first-class and standard-class mail in the U.S. and a workshare partner of the United States Postal Service (USPS). Our Presort Services network provides mailers with end-to-end solutions from pick up at their location to delivery into the postal system. Through our network of 33+ U.S. locations, and with our fully customized proprietary technology, we process approximately 15 billion pieces of mail annually and are able to expedite delivery and optimize postage savings for our clients.
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
M/F/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBT are encouraged to apply.
All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with Disabilities link.