Ritu Mehta, Sr. Director Product Development, recently completed the Women leadership forum course from Harvard Business School in Boston, MA, USA. The Program is for senior business women across the world. There were 70+ dynamic and diverse female leaders in attendance. The program covered leading and deriving strategies for disruptive innovation, driving organizational change, developing talent, and contributing more broadly to your organization’s success. Ritu shared her takeaways:
- The quote: “Tell me and I’ll forget, show me and I might remember, involve me and I’ll understand” – Get your teams and leaders involved in the transformation journey rather than just telling them.
- Challenge the status quo with a clear objective and strategy, considering risks and opportunities, knowing well the ecosystem. – We should completely understand the objective, including ask the “why?” in order to move towards the best answer and results.
- Set high standards and hold everyone to them, even YOURSELF.
- Never stop adapting as a leader. In a VUCA environment (volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous), be vigilant and proactive in the face of the change. Be a positive challenger, have the courage to be different and bring along your team for the journey
- Your success is very much dependent on the team you build, so invest time, energy and care in building your team.