At Pitney Bowes, we do the right thing, the right way.
As a Sourcing Intern and member of the Global Procurement Team for Pitney Bowes, you can too.
We have amazing people who are the driving force, the inspiration and foundation of our company. Our thriving culture can be broken down into four components: Client. Team. Win. Innovate.
We actively look for prospects who:
• Are passionate about client success.
• Enjoy collaborating with others.
• Strive to exceed expectations.
• Move boldly in the quest for superior and best in market solutions.
A motivated intern seeking real world experience in a “best in class” global supply chain organization with responsibility for the sourcing of products and services for internal consumption.
• Work alongside global procurement professionals to manage the deployment of various spend category strategies that aligns with corporate and business unit objectives, risk tolerances, and growth strategies.
• An initial focus will be on the development and implementation of a new HR global platform, with the possibility of expanding/transitioning to other categories in the future.
• Analyze current state situation, supply market data, and spend data from various enterprise systems, determine ROI of contracted third party services, make strategic sourcing recommendations and initiate spend-optimization projects with internal HR business partners to drive innovation and change.
• Retain visibility to the entire sourcing lifecycle for HR global, regional, and local initiatives
• Effectively communicate with all levels of HR stakeholders ensuring ongoing communications on project/initiative status, and yearly budget savings objectives.
• Support negotiation, review, and management of HR contracts ensuring optimal level of costs, services, and risk management/reduction, are achieved and maintained
As a Sourcing Intern, you have:
• Senior college student in pursuit of a Bachelor’s degree, or a recent graduate.
• Availability to work minimum 20 hours per week in Shelton, CT corporate office
• Excellent communication skills required with demonstrated verbal and written capabilities to all levels of the organization
• College level courses in Supply Chain / Procurement a plus
• Expert in the use of Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio) and MS Outlook
• Ability to work with C-level and senior management with professionalism and discretion
• Strong problem solving, project management, and analysis skills focusing on Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) as it relates to enterprise level Strategic Sourcing
• Project management skills ensuring the successful completion of concurrent multiple projects, while meeting budget and schedule goals. Ability to perform with minimal supervision and demonstrated ability to work well with people from many different disciplines
• Provide the opportunity to grow and develop your career
• Offer an inclusive environment that encourages diverse perspectives and ideas
• Deliver challenging and unique opportunities to contribute to the success of a transforming organization
• Offer comprehensive benefits globally (pbprojectliving.com)
At Pitney Bowes, our passionate and ambitious team delivers innovations that help clients navigate the complex and always evolving world of commerce: from helping them use data to market to the best customers, to enabling the sending of parcels and packages efficiently, to securing payments through statements and invoices. In everything, we do, we deliver accuracy and precision to drive meaningful impact.
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
W/M/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBT are encouraged to apply.
All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with Disabilities link.