The incumbent is responsible for the functioning of all facility management (FM) including soft services, together with related duties at our sites, these are currently as follow. (Midford Place & Sandyford Dublin have /will have local office managers, who will report to their Ecommerce business unit but also provide feedback to the Facility Manager on FM matters.):
Approx. m2 Floor areas
Hatfield office: 1904 m2:
Harlow office: 1346 m2:
Henley office campus: 5 buildings total 3234 m2 approx. including on site cafeteria:
Chatham office: 374 m2
Farringdon Road, London office: 210 m2
Midford Place, London 255m2
Sandyford, Dublin 1640m2 – to open to employees in early June 2019
FM and Soft services budget for associated buildings approx. £1.1M
There are also a number of PB offices within Serviced Office facilities e.g. Regus, which may require FM support or advice at times from the Facility Manager.
This position manages and co-ordinates outsourced contractors and suppliers and any insourced services to ensure our hard and soft services are delivered to the highest standards in a timely manner and comply with SLA’s & KPI’s. This will entail regularly visiting sites, assessing results and performances and continually seeking to: improve; internal and external client satisfaction, processes and working environments, and obtain best value on our operational costs. Outsourced services include: planned and reactive maintenance, external helpdesk, fire safety measures, security including some reception services, cleaning, landscaping, catering with vending and hospitality, post services, and waste-removal / recycling.
The Facilities Manager is to influence and drive continual improvements, ensure all sites are running smoothly
and seek or provide subject matter advice when required as well as innovative solutions.
The incumbent is to ensure that all sites and PB’s Facility Management (FM) related processes and properties comply with: good practice, current FM & EH&S safety and statutory legislation and PB’s protocols. This will involve working with the Receptionists and the Security & Facilities Coordinator.
The Facilities Manager will be required to advise others in the Real Estate and Facilities team of FM costs to assist in the, tracking of spend budget preparation by others and to assist on decisions relating to contractual matters and proposals.
The Facilities Manager may be required to assist or manage on moves, projects and exits from other properties also. These are to be delivered on time and on budget, using best practices and documenting processes and procedures.
A professional, approachable attitude is essential, the role will also require good time-management and the ability to handle a diverse workload. The Facilities Manager should be an active and inspiring team member who will work closely with the UK Senior Manager of RE&F, the RE&F Analyst and Security & FM Coordinator, in addition to our clients and internal partners in IT, EH&S and Procurement.
• Carry out regular site visits, inspections and on-site contractor/supplier performance reviews. Liaise with suppliers and contractors to ensure all works are undertaken to programme and that contractors and suppliers are providing well-planned, safe, efficient and high-quality services and appropriate on-site support and ensure appropriate service levels are maintained and any necessary changes are instigated. Provide regular updates on FM activities and raise any concerns for escalation in conjunction with the Senior Manager RE&F and Procurement.
• Ensure catering, vending and hospitality services are operating to a high standard of service and hygiene.
• Obtain and review contractor quotations and approve, escalate approval, query or reject as appropriate. Approve associated payment applications/invoices and liaise with the RE&F Analyst ready for payment.
• Assist in the; assimilation of cost data to support reactive works, small works and projects and identifying best solutions to meet RE&F and business needs.
• Acquire good insight into the monthly FM spend levels against budget, assist in predicting annual FM budget costs when necessary. Assist the RE&F analyst to obtain FM related cost data to support RE&F’s analysis for budget preparation, spend tracking and operational planning and assist with any queries on Service-charge budget preparation.
• Review and approve contractors’ statutory paperwork including RAMs, work sheets and insurance policies.
• Check and ensure PPM schedules are actively updated by the Service Provider and review life cycle maintenance.
• Oversee the compilation and checking of statutory paperwork by the FM Coordinator. Follow-up on outstanding FM works as necessary to ensure items are dealt with in a timely manner.
• Direct and oversee Henley on-site General Maintenance Person’s work schedule, verify work sheets and ensure performing to desired standards.
• Ensure all aspects of security are effectively undertaken including man guarding and that all CCTV systems, access control and alarms etc. are properly working and maintained and that any issues are dealt with promptly by the service providers/contractors. When required ensure CCTV footage is only supplied in accordance with PB and Data Protection policies. Ensure day to day security items are managed by the Security & FM Coordinator.
• Oversee, the issuing of passes and badges for building access, parking controls and control of alarm codes etc. (Day to day issuing is managed by our Security & FM coordinator).
• As necessary act as key holder contact for sites. Show visitors and potential sub-tenants around sites/buildings when required.
• Organise temporary receptionist staff cover for absences and holiday cover via PB corporate provider.
• Project management: When required oversee minor fit-out works, decorations/refurbishments and small moves works including coordinating with IT regarding programme and installation. Promote PB Corporate Real Estate workplace policies.
• Ensure that all properties and services are maintained to statutory standards and work with the Security & FM Co-ordinator to ensure all associated updated paperwork is filed and retained in accordance with statutory & corporate requirements and RE & F good practice. Actively partake in FM & EHS review meetings.
• Act on and report FM issues and risk concerns to the EH&S manager or RE&F manager as appropriate.
• Liaise within-house EH&S team as necessary and ensure areas of fire-safety related facility management are in order. Accompany EH&S manager during Fire Risk Assessments etc.
• Ensure meter-readings are provided (via site visit/ handyman/smart metering installation to RE Analyst.
• Promote energy saving initiatives.
• Be the FM lead in emergency situations e.g. for fire and first aid.