Software Engineer – Java Developer
Job Posting Number: 179951
Engineering/Innovation Bielsko-Biala, Slaskie July 12, 2019
At Pitney Bowes, we do the right thing, the right way.
As a Software Engineer at Pitney Bowes, you can too.
We have amazing people who are the driving force, the inspiration and the foundation of our company. Our thriving culture can be broken down into four components.
Client. Team. Win. Innovate.
We actively look for prospects who:
• Are passionate about client success
• Enjoy collaborating with others
• Strive to exceed expectation
• Move boldly in the quest for superior and best in market solutions
If this sounds like you, then you may be a great fit for Pitney Bowes.
A passionate individual for the latest technology. You are an outstanding coder who can work within a fast-paced team developing against the latest technologies. Software Engineers will have the opportunity to join a global, high-performing, cross-functional team delivering a location intelligence software and data solutions.
Be responsible for performing development tasks with guidance from more senior staff
• Participate in the design and implementation of features
• Identify issues and solve problems throughout the development cycle
You will be joining our Location Intelligence Geocoding team who develop several industry leading addressing and geocoding solutions. You’ll be at the forefront of where cutting-edge technology meets modern customer location intelligence based needs.
As a Software Developer you have:
• At least 2 years’ experience delivering commercial software solutions
• Software development experience with web applications
• Advanced Java software development experience
• Good knowledge of English language to be able to communicate with international teams
Nice to have:
• Knowledge and/or experience of working with Python or Groovy
• Experience of infrastructure as code using AWS or Google Cloud
• Experience working in an agile/lean environment utilizing TDD
• Knowledge and/or experience of using SQL databases such as postgres or MS Sql
• Knowledge of Jenkins as a pipeline.
• Provide the opportunity to grow and develop your career
• Offer an inclusive environment that encourages diverse perspectives and ideas
• Deliver challenging and unique opportunities to contribute to the success of a transforming organization
• Offer comprehensive benefits globally (pbprojectliving.com)
• Competitive Salary
• Flexible working hours
Our Software team powers global commerce, processing billions of transactions every year. Our Software technology and solutions help businesses operate faster and more efficiently. How? By identifying trusted data and insights to create targeted, effective messaging, by providing accurate geographic data to make smarter business decisions, and by delivering relevant and engaging interactions across the customer lifecycle to drive increased satisfaction.
Pitney Bowes is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
All interested individuals must apply online.