At Pitney Bowes, we do the right thing, the right way.
As a Sr. Manager, Industrial Engineering for Pitney Bowes, you can too.
We have amazing people who are the driving force, the inspiration and foundation of our company. Our thriving culture can be broken down into four components: Client. Team. Win. Innovate.
We actively look for prospects who:
• Are passionate about client success.
• Enjoy collaborating with others.
• Strive to exceed expectations.
• Move boldly in the quest for superior and best in market solutions.
An innovative and ambitious Manager who can lead a team of talented Industrial Engineers and continue to build and develop this high performing team. The team of engineers execute on complex cross-functional projects and programs that focus on the building of new facilities, upgrading of existing facilities and systems, improvement of existing processes, continuous improvement initiatives, and cost savings initiatives. You will be responsible for establishing the right engineering team structure and overall execution strategy to meet long-term business needs. You have a strategic focus and will interface extensively with operations leaders, product managers, technology, sales, and strategy leaders to deliver the long-term strategy for Pitney Bowes.
Lead, manage and coach a team of Industrial Engineers and manages multiple engineering and continuous improvement projects simultaneously.
Partner with leadership team and finance to create financial forecasts and budgets as well as develop the initiatives that will execute on the unit economics to drive profitability.
Define, improve, and audit all standard operating processes to enhance operational sustainability, utilization and drives growth within our network operations ensuring best practices are adopted. Focused on driving standardization and optimizing performance.
Evaluate current business processes and future needs in order to drive growth, quality, and speed of the network.
Develop capacity requirements for current and future Delivery, Returns, Fulfillment and Crossborder operations and design/implement solutions to support capacity needs.
Utilize workforce management tools such as forecasting, reporting, data science, and analysis to achieve productivity and budget goals.
Lead and coordinate the development of facility design concepts for optimal selection of MHE & automation while considering process design, ergonomics of designs and optimal site layouts for space utilization within operational facilities.
Work closely with vendors, suppliers, and cross functional teams to create innovative solutions.
Develop, support and engage on capital ROI initiatives to ensure projects are driving continuous cost reductions and scale within operations.
Manage and be responsible for all new projects and initiatives, including new facility deployments, automation implementation, and current operations project list.
Subject matter expert on warehouse systems and how they drive core operational functions. You will understand how stakeholders (clients, end-customers, internal users, etc.) leverage these systems to create outstanding customer experiences
You know your way around a warehouse
Ability to manage and prioritize projects and delegate tasks appropriately
You are passionate about the inner-workings of successful eCommerce operations
You rely on data to validate assumptions and make key decisions
You’re a constant optimist that motivates and excites the people around you
You have a strong sense of ownership and take pride in the quality of the work that you deliver
You have a proven record of accomplishment of building strong working relationships with business partners and peers
You embrace an ever-changing environment as a means to continuously create innovation across Commerce Services
And most of all, you’re highly motived to work with a team of passionate peers to build long term sustainable and profitable operations that will drive a network that supports speed to end consumer, facility capacity and flexibility
As a Sr. Manager, Industrial Engineering, you have:
• Minimum 7 years’ experience in industrial engineering, work measurement, continuous improvement, and related areas
• 1-3 years’ experience in facility design, MHE design, automation engineering preferred
• Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field
• Demonstrates superior leadership skills that drive organization toward the achievement of high performance standards in strategic planning
• Provides strong thought leadership
• Strong sense of urgency and the ability to embrace and maximize a changing landscape
• Excels in an innovative and collaborative environment
• Extensive process knowledge, planning abilities, problem solving, and organizational skills
• Builds strong interpersonal relationships and motivates cross functional teams to operate in a cohesive manner
• Quantitative expertise in conducting business analysis, utilizing economics, financial statements, and statistics
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent communication, presentation, and analytical skills
• Outstanding people management abilities
• Provide the opportunity to grow and develop your career
• Offer an inclusive environment that encourages diverse perspectives and ideas
• Deliver challenging and unique opportunities to contribute to the success of a transforming organization
• Offer comprehensive benefits globally (pbprojectliving.com)
Pitney Bowes Commerce Services business is the fastest growing business unit at Pitney Bowes. Our full suite of domestic and cross-border solutions help businesses of all sizes conduct commerce to Sell Farther, Ship Greater, and Completely OverdeliverTM. As the global leader in cross-border ecommerce, we manage the end-to-end international journey for more than 300 retailers, direct merchants and online marketplaces worldwide. Our end-to-end value also includes industry-leading capabilities in fulfillment, shipping, and returns. These solutions are enabled by cloud-based innovation and powerful analytics tools. We’ve unlocked the secret to shipping that sells – helping our clients fulfill their brand promise with an out of box experience you have to see to believe, returns so smart, they have their own zip code.
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
W/M/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBT are encouraged to apply.
All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with Disabilities link.