MACHINE OPERATOR (Weekend shift)
Job Posting Number: 181129
Operations Atlanta, GA September 11, 2019
At Pitney Bowes, we do the right thing, the right way.
As a Machine Operator for Pitney Bowes, you can too.
We have amazing people who are the driving force, the inspiration and foundation of our company. Our thriving culture can be broken down into four components: Client. Team. Win. Innovate.
We actively look for prospects who:
• Are passionate about client success.
• Enjoy collaborating with others.
• Strive to exceed expectations.
• Move boldly in the quest for superior and best in market solutions.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please apply!
You are an approachable person who will oversee production workers on designated lines and assures accurate and timely processing of mail runs. You are a performance driver, which can help the company meet their mailing productivity standards
- Operate Presorting machines to sort and barcode mail received from customers while maintaining accuracy and productivity standards.
- Follow TQM (Total Quality Management) practices and policies to assure quality of output by double checking the date, weight, thickness, barcodes, presort slug, indicia, postage rate, class of mail, etc.
- Understand machine software and how & when to change sort plans, set address blocks, etc.
- Maximize read rates on the mail by making appropriate adjustments.
- Assure the machine is running properly.
- Remain informed of acceptance times and when trucks must leave.
- Assure mail is prepared to meet SLAs.
- Promote a clean work area to prevent possible injuries and/or tripping hazards to self and others.
- Perform all additional duties as required.
As a Machine Operator, you have:
- Knowledge of the pre-sort mailing business is a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organization skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- The ability to lift up to 50 lbs. with or without accommodations.
- The ability to walk, stand, stoop, and bend 80% of the time with or without accommodation.
- A basic enough understanding of English to be able to understand and follow safety and other operational directions communicated in English, irrespective of their native language.
- The ability to work overtime which may include weekends, holidays and or a different shift with little or no advance notice.
- We will
- Provide the opportunity to grow and develop your career
- Offer an inclusive environment that encourages diverse perspectives and ideas
- Deliver challenging and unique opportunities to contribute to the success of a transforming organization
- Offer comprehensive benefits globally (pbprojectliving.com
Our Presort Services team is a national outsource provider of mail presort services for first-class and standard-class mail in the U.S. and a workshare partner of the United States Postal Service (USPS). Our Presort Services network provides mailers with end-to-end solutions from pick up at their location to delivery into the postal system. Through our network of 33+ U.S. locations, and with our fully customized proprietary technology, we process approximately 15 billion pieces of mail annually and are able to expedite delivery and optimize postage savings for our clients.
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
W/M/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBT are encouraged to apply.
All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with Disabilities link.