Job Posting Number: 184597
Fulfillment / Warehouse Indianapolis, IN June 30, 2020
At Pitney Bowes, we do the right thing, the right way.
As an Operations Manager for Pitney Bowes, you can too.
We have amazing people who are the driving force, the inspiration and foundation of our company. Our thriving culture can be broken down into four components: Client. Team. Win. Innovate.
We actively look for prospects who:
- Are passionate about client success.
- Enjoy collaborating with others.
- Strive to exceed expectations.
- Move boldly in the quest for superior and best in market solutions.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please apply!
A performance driven individual who is committed to provide innovative service to our clients. You are approachable and relationship-oriented as you contribute to Pitney Bowes success
- Organize and schedule production runs by assessing type of mail, volumes and staffing levels needed to process subscribed volumes.
- Be accountable for quality function throughout the operating center. Assures quality of all mail received from receipt of the mail, through processing and final presentation of the mail to the USPS.
- Assure completion and correctness of required USPS and internal reports, job costing reports and application of all USPS postal regulations.
- Insure maximization of productivity through timely and efficient workflow of the mail and development and implementation of effective sort schemes.
- Insure coordination of the various departments such as quality control, metering, hand sort, automation and transportation.
- Accompany VP/General Manager on sales calls to give assistance with operational questions and develop rapport with the customer.
- Assist General Manager with the budgeting process and analyses various reports generated from Points System and prepares other reports as requested.
As an Operations Manager, you have:
- An Associates Degree or a minimum of 5 years of experience demonstrating progressively more responsibility in a production environment, preferably in the mailing industry.
- 3-5 years of supervisory experience in an Operating Center averaging 5 million or more pieces per week with a 24 hour operating cycle
- The ability to analyze and interpret general business periodicals and USPS postal regulations.
- The ability to prepare reports and effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers and employees.
- Knowledge of PC software programs including proficiency in spreadsheet and database applications in a Microsoft Office environment.
- Knowledge of PC applications and statistical reporting.
- The ability to promote a safe work environment by understanding workplace environment standards and OSHA regulations
- Knowledge of supervisory techniques to accomplish instruction, motivation and training of personnel.
- Knowledge of management practices and principles and strong leadership skills..
- A basic enough understanding of English to be able to understand and follow safety and other operational directions communicated in English, irrespective of their native language.
- A flexible schedule to work weekends, holidays and/or different shift with little or no advance notice
- The ability to lift up to 50 #’s, walk, stand or site for long periods of time with or without accommodation.
- Provide the opportunity to grow and develop your career
- Offer an inclusive environment that encourages diverse perspectives and ideas
- Deliver challenging and unique opportunities to contribute to the success of a transforming organization
- Offer comprehensive benefits globally (pbprojectliving.com
Our Presort Services team is a national outsource provider of mail presort services for first-class and standard-class mail in the U.S. and a workshare partner of the United States Postal Service (USPS). Our Presort Services network provides mailers with end-to-end solutions from pick up at their location to delivery into the postal system. Through our network of 33+ U.S. locations, and with our fully customized proprietary technology, we process approximately 15 billion pieces of mail annually and are able to expedite delivery and optimize postage savings for our clients.
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
M/F/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBT are encouraged to apply.