Logistics Procurement Manager
Job Posting Number: 175671
Corporate Shelton, CT January 4, 2019
At Pitney Bowes, we do the right thing,the right way.
As a Logistics Manager for Pitney Bowes, you can too.
We have amazing people who are the driving force, the inspiration and foundation of our company. Our thriving culture can be broken down into four components: Client. Team. Win. Innovate.
We actively look for prospects who:
- Arepassionate about client success.
- Enjoycollaborating with others.
- Striveto exceed expectations.
- Moveboldly in the quest for superior and best in market solutions.
A driven Leader who can lead strategic sourcing initiatives and cross functional teams demonstrating an understanding of project management methodologies that deliver cost savings and stakeholder satisfaction.
- Develop logisticscategory procurement strategies (LTL, FTL, Freight forwarding, Small Parcel,domestic and international) based on operational needs and market trends.
- Work and buildrelationships with internal stakeholders and logistics suppliers.
- Build and presentbusiness cases, RFP results and recommendations to executive level management.
- Negotiate complexLogistics contracts while displaying knowledge of contract law and tradecompliance regulations.
- Data-driven analysisthat address and balance cost with service level requirements (within abusiness unit and across multiple business units)
- Domestic /International Travel Required
As a Logistics Manager, you have:
- 5-7 years ofprofessional experience working both in procurement of transportation logisticsmanagement services and the logistics industry and/or logistics operationalmanagement experience including transportation (LTL, FTL, Freight forwarding,Small Parcel, domestic and cross border), fulfillment, and brokerageoperations.
- Intimate knowledge ofbest-in-class procurement procedures and policies as well as best in classlogistics services; e-tools, processes and systems
- Excellentinterpersonal, communications (verbal, written, email) and presentation (verbaland deck development) skills; prefer experience in presenting to seniorleaders.
- Strong business andfinancial acumen
- High degree offinancial and problem solving ability
Bachelor’s degree or MBA in Logistics, Business, Supply Chain Management or related field preferred.
- Provide the opportunityto grow and develop your career
- Offer an inclusiveenvironment that encourages diverse perspectives and ideas
- Deliver challenging andunique opportunities to contribute to the success of a transformingorganization
- Offer comprehensivebenefits globally (pbprojectliving.com)
Pitney Bowes Commerce Services businessis the fastest growing business unit at Pitney Bowes. Our full suite ofdomestic and cross-border solutions help businesses of all sizes conductcommerce to Sell Farther, Ship Greater, and Completely OverdeliverTM. As theglobal leader in cross-border ecommerce, we manage the end-to-end internationaljourney for more than 300 retailers, direct merchants and online marketplacesworldwide. Our end-to-end value also includes industry-leading capabilities infulfillment, shipping, and returns. These solutions are enabled by cloud-based innovation and powerfulanalytics tools. We’ve unlocked the secret to shipping that sells – helping ourclients fulfill their brand promise with an out of box experience you have tosee to believe, returns so smart, they have their own zip code.
PitneyBowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer thatvalues diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
W/M/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBTare encouraged to apply.
Allinterested individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities whocannot apply via our online application should refer to the alternateapplication options via our Individuals with Disabilities link.
If you’d like to be considered for thisposition, please apply!