Director, Fulfillment Operations
Job Posting Number: 176025
Corporate Austin, TX January 10, 2019
At Pitney Bowes, we do the right thing, the right way.
As a Director, Fulfillment Operations for Pitney Bowes, you can too.
We have amazing people who are the driving force, the inspiration and foundation of our company. Our thriving culture can be broken down into four components: Client. Team. Win. Innovate.
We actively look for prospects who:
- Are passionate about client success.
- Enjoy collaborating with others.
- Strive to exceed expectations.
- Move boldly in the quest for superior and best in market solutions.
- If you would like to be considered for this position, please apply!
- A leader responsible for leading our fulfillment, delivery and returns operations across multiple facilities domestically. You will manage a team of professional fulfillment operators responsible for serving our client’s needs for complete fulfillment solutions in concert with Pitney Bowes Commerce Services goals and objectives.
- Performance driven having P&L responsibility for managing all operational, financial and human resource aspects of the fulfillment, delivery and returns business. This includes the commitment to Operational Excellence and Continuous Improvement as well as a relentless focus on improving the client and consumer experience.
- A collaborator who partners closely with information technology, transportation, finance, engineering, loss prevention, sales, account management and implementation teams. You play a role in defining, client facing solutions, operational KPI’s, cost metrics, facility launches, and technology requirements for fulfillment IT strategies. You also generate and drive continuous improvement initiatives through successful partnerships with various Pitney Bowes business groups, supporting operations in pursuit of all cost and service goals.
- You and the team are responsible for updating and standardizing operational procedures across all facilities. This includes driving new standard processes, updating standard operating procedures, incorporating new automation tools, LMS tools and auditing adherence to those processes consistently. A disciplined approach to Client onboarding is mandatory.
- Financial responsibilities include managing labor, capital expenditure, supplies and full profit and loss categories to assure the planned financial objectives for revenue and profit are met.
- Define, improve, and audit all standard operating processes to support operational sustainability, growth initiatives within our network operations. Focus on driving standardization and optimizing performance.
- Must continue to develop new solutions and support strategic initiatives that will ensure Pitney Bowes Fulfillment Services remains a differentiator in the industry.
- Manage network quality initiatives and audit platforms, ensuring continuous improvement and expectations are exceeded.
- Interface with Sales and Implementations groups on prospective clients to help develop efficient and innovative solutions that drive profitability
- Client engagement with prospective clients and existing clients to ensure operational excellence within the fulfillment sector.
- Engage with technology to build requirements for WMS functionality, automation initiatives, and new client technology requirements.
- Support and engage on capital ROI initiatives to ensure projects being approved drive financial gains.
- Oversee and assist with all new client onboarding from an operational perspective to ensure launches are successful, reporting any issues internally for prompt resolution.
- Manage and be responsible for all new projects and initiatives, including new facility deployments, automation implementation, and current operations project list.
- Monitor and audit P&L’s at a facility level for all PB fulfillment sites to drive profitability and ensure operations is monitoring variable and fixed costs to obtain financial metrics.
- Prioritize initiatives for maximum client impact.
- Travel up to 30% nationally to PB facilities and vendors as needed.
As the Director of Fulfillment Operations, you have:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in engineering, business, operations or related field
- 7-10 operations experience within the logistics industry, preferably in a 3PL fulfillment environment
- 5S and or 6 Sigma certification preferred
- Strong analytical skills and structured problem solving skills.Must be a team player with a strong work ethic, as well as excellent people management and organizational skills.
- Expert Knowledge in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Proficient in MS Visio such as creating Visio diagrams, creating custom styles and templates, cross functional flow charts, linking drawings to other MS applications, working with data, custom reports, and exporting.
- Expert knowledge in WMS systems, WCS and LMS
- Expert knowledge in Inventory Management Proficient in small parcel delivery and returns industry and the NGS/PB Network
- Provide the opportunity to grow and develop your career
- Offer an inclusive environment that encourages diverse perspectives and ideas
- Deliver challenging and unique opportunities to contribute to the success of a transforming organization
- Offer comprehensive benefits globally (pbprojectliving.com)
Pitney Bowes Commerce Services business is the fastest growing business unit at Pitney Bowes. Our full suite of domestic and cross-border solutions help businesses of all sizes conduct commerce to Sell Farther, Ship Greater, and Completely OverdeliverTM. As the global leader in cross-border ecommerce, we manage the end-to-end international journey for more than 300 retailers, direct merchants and online marketplaces worldwide. Our end-to-end value also includes industry-leading capabilities in fulfillment, shipping, and returns. These solutions are enabled by cloud-based innovation and powerful analytics tools. We’ve unlocked the secret to shipping that sells – helping our clients fulfill their brand promise with an out of box experience you have to see to believe, returns so smart, they have their own zip code.
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
W/M/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBT are encouraged to apply.
All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with Disabilities link.