At Pitney Bowes, we do the right thing, the right way.
As an Operations Supervisor for Pitney Bowes, you can too.
We have amazing people who are the driving force, the inspiration and foundation of our company. Our thriving culture can be broken down into four components: Client. Team. Win. Innovate.
We actively look for prospects who:
• Are passionate about client success.
• Enjoy collaborating with others.
• Strive to exceed expectations.
• Move boldly in the quest for superior and best in market solution.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please apply!
The Operations Supervisor will have responsibility to effectively manage, oversee and control all operational and associate activities within the warehouse including Receiving, Sorting, Processing, Shipping, Inventory Control and Quality Controls as well as ensuring on time delivery. The Supervisor will lead a team of 25 p/t hourly employees and will be responsible for ensuring the proper implementation and enforcement of policies, holding a high standard of safety and the continuous training of leads and associates in the warehouse. This position reports to the Smart Center Facility Manager.
• Be responsible for the timely processing of all department activity including productivity, accuracy, and day end reports.
• Work closely with the Site Manager to control costs within the DC – labor, supplies, and inventory shrinkage.
• Be responsible for accurate employee records including daily time clock monitoring, discipline notification and attendance reports.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule which may mean extended hours as the work load demands.
• Manage the work flow to ensure the daily activities/demand related to the assigned department is met as expected.
• Manage, coach, train and counsel department employees.
• Conducts daily shift start-up meetings discussing the previous day’s performance, reviewing the expected workload for the day.
• Ensures a safe work environment by: observing and coaching employees; addressing potential safety hazards; maintaining a clean work area; monitoring condition of all equipment and ordering repairs; and participating as a permanent member of the Safety Committee.
Three to five years related experience in a shipping/transportation operation
Working knowledge of small package and conveyor systems. Ideally the candidate will have experience with UPS, FedEx, DHL, or OnTrac
Ability to plan, organize and direct the activities of subordinates
Excellent verbal and written communication and computer skills (MS Word and Excel applications)
Familiarity with transportation and logistics companies, including LTL and truckload carriers, is a plus
WMS and RF scanner production experience highly preferred
Familiar with standards of operation as associated with employee pieces or lines per hour performance
Must have familiarity with writing performance reviews and coaching employees to success
• Provide the opportunity to grow and develop your career
• Offer an inclusive environment that encourages diverse perspectives and ideas
• Deliver challenging and unique opportunities to contribute to the success of a transforming organization
• Offer comprehensive benefits globally (pbprojectliving.com)
Pitney Bowes Global Ecommerce provides a comprehensive range of global ecommerce and cross-border shipping solutions that help U.S. U.K. and Australian retailers and online marketplaces reach consumers around the world. Pitney Bowes, a market leader in global ecommerce solutions, continues to expand and grow its digital commerce businesses.
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
W/M/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBT are encouraged to apply.
All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with Disabilities link.