Job Posting Number: 176049
Operations Austin, TX January 12, 2019
At Pitney Bowes, we do the right thing, the right way.
As a Transportation Coordinator for Pitney Bowes, you can too.
We have amazing people who are the driving force, the inspiration and foundation of our company. Our thriving culture can be broken down into four components: Client. Team. Win. Innovate.
We actively look for prospects who:
- Are passionate about client success.
- Enjoy collaborating with others.
- Strive to exceed expectations.
- Move boldly in the quest for superior and best in market solution.
Accountable for supporting the Transportation team in delivering high quality services to internal and external clients. Position is focused on supporting the Transportation Coordinators and Transportation Manager for surface transportation. The goal of the position is to aid in the daily duties of the Transportation Department and to deliver exceptional service to our customers while maintaining department goals. In order to be successful, this individual must be able to work in a high pressure, fast-paced environment, interact with all levels of the Newgistics team members and develop relationships with the Newgistics outside vendors.
Please note this position is scheduled Thursday – Sunday nights; Thursday & Friday 8 hour shift, Saturday & Sunday 12 hour shift. This individual will be working in the office on Thursday night and can work from home Friday – Sunday nights.
- Work closely with the Transportation Manager to support the inbound and outbound operations for the Newgistics Returns and Delivery business.
- Track all truck loads daily in the Pick Up Tracking System.
- Ensure that the Delivery customer pickups are picked up on time every day and that the carriers have all of the information regarding the scheduled pickups to make them successful.
- Support the Transportation Coordinators and Manager in implementation of all new customers for both Returns and Delivery.
- Enter the One Ship and Mercury Gate plans as needed. Also work with the Transportation Manager to work out any issues with the One Ship system.
- Develop customer performance reports and ensure the information provided is accurate and complete.
- Develop weekly finance reports on key clients for the accounting department and ensure the information provided is accurate and complete.
- Track and create reports on key clients to the client and Transportation Manager.
- Create BOL’s and other shipment-related documentation for specific clients on a weekly basis.
- Closely track and monitor “hot ticket” items and report to client and Transportation Manager.
- Work with the Transportation Vendors to ensure that all inbound and outbound shipments will be picked up and delivered on time. Report all issues to the assigned Supervisor/Manager on call.
- Book extra loads with carriers as necessary and log the new loads into Mercury Gate software.
- Be available to assist the Transportation team if needed for any project and other duties as assigned.
As a Transportation Coordinator, you have:
- At least two years of experience related to Transportation or customer service. A Bachelors Degree candidate with limited work experience will be considered if the candidate can demonstrate analytical skills
- Ability to work unsupervised for up to 12 hours
- Ability to problem solve and work under tight deadlines and schedules
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel
- Good understanding of database structures
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Provide the opportunity to grow and develop your career
- Offer an inclusive environment that encourages diverse perspectives and ideas
- Deliver challenging and unique opportunities to contribute to the success of a transforming organization
- Offer comprehensive benefits globally (pbprojectliving.com)
Pitney Bowes Global Ecommerce provides a comprehensive range of global ecommerce and cross-border shipping solutions that help U.S. U.K. and Australian retailers and online marketplaces reach consumers around the world. Pitney Bowes, a market leader in global ecommerce solutions, continues to expand and grow its digital commerce businesses.
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
W/M/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBT are encouraged to apply.
All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with Disabilities link.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please apply!