Facility Transportation Specialist
Job Posting Number: 176050
Operations Grapevine, TX January 12, 2019
At Pitney Bowes, we do the right thing, the right way.
As a Facility Transportation Support Specialist for Pitney Bowes, you can too.
We have amazing people who are the driving force, the inspiration and foundation of our company. Our thriving culture can be broken down into four components: Client. Team. Win. Innovate.
We actively look for prospects who:
- Are passionate about client success.
- Enjoy collaborating with others.
- Strive to exceed expectations.
- Move boldly in the quest for superior and best in market solution.
Supporting both the Operations and Transportation teams in delivering high quality services to internal and external clients. The primary objectives of the position are to execute proper trailer loading / routing and to reduce the overall Transportation spend while maintaining exceptional service to our client base. This will be accomplished through load prioritization, load capacity utilization and proactive forecasting of daily linehaul needs. In order to be successful, this individual must be able to work in a high pressure, fast-paced environment and work collaboratively with other Transportation team members, Presort Services, Operations and outside vendors.
- Work closely with the Transportation Team to support the inbound and outbound operations for the Newgistics Returns and Delivery business.
- Monitor and prioritize Presort Direct Mail moving as cross-dock volume through the facility.
- Tracking and monitoring of all arrivals and departures. Provide a daily detailed listing of all inbound and outbound loads to Facility Management.
- Communicate all delays and issues to Operations (Facility Management), Account Management, Transportation and Presort services when applicable.
- Ensure that the Delivery customer pickups are picked up on time every day and that the carriers have all of the information regarding the scheduled pickups to make them successful.
- Support Facility Management and the Transportation Team in implementation of all new customers for both Returns and Delivery.
- Enter the One Ship and Mercury Gate plans as needed. Work collaboratively with the Operations and the Transportation Teams to solve issues related to the One Ship system.
- Develop customer performance reports and ensure the information provided is accurate and complete.
- Track and create reports on key clients for Account Management, Operations and the Transportation Team.
- Create BOL’s and other shipment-related documentation for specific clients on a weekly basis. Monitor for accuracy and perform ongoing audits with the Operations team to help drive improvements.
- Work with the Transportation Vendors to ensure that all inbound and outbound shipments will be picked up and delivered on time. Report all issues to the Operations and Transportation team and provide documented follow up communication.
- Book extra loads with carriers as necessary and log the new loads into TMS (Mercury Gate).
- Be available to assist the Transportation and Operations team as needed for any project and other duties as assigned.
As a Facility Transportation Support Specialist, you have:
- At least two years of experience related to Transportation or Customer Service. A Bachelor’s Degree candidate with limited work experience will be considered if the candidate can demonstrate analytical skills
- Ability to work unsupervised for up to 10 hours
- Ability to problem solve and work under tight deadlines and schedules
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel
- Good understanding of database structures
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Provide the opportunity to grow and develop your career
- Offer an inclusive environment that encourages diverse perspectives and ideas
- Deliver challenging and unique opportunities to contribute to the success of a transforming organization
- Offer comprehensive benefits globally (pbprojectliving.com)
Pitney Bowes Global Ecommerce provides a comprehensive range of global ecommerce and cross-border shipping solutions that help U.S. U.K. and Australian retailers and online marketplaces reach consumers around the world. Pitney Bowes, a market leader in global ecommerce solutions, continues to expand and grow its digital commerce businesses.
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
W/M/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBT are encouraged to apply.
All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with Disabilities link.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please apply!