Data QA Engineer: Years of Experience required- 2 to 4 years
As a Data QA Engineer, you will be a part of a team that isresponsible for creating several products from the Pitney Bowes World Street Dataproduct family. You will be collaborating across the department with Datadevelopers, Software developers, Testing Enginers, Product Managers, ProductOwners and the Development Managers. You are expected to be hands on and up todate with the latest spatial data and database tools (PostgreSQL/GIS, FME, GDALetc.) as well as Cloud Computing (e.g. AWS) for efficient handling ofvoluminous datasets. If this type of position motivates you, tell us why youare the right person for this challenging role!
Responsible for participating in the testing and QualityAssurance efforts for various PB data offerings. You will create exhaustivetest cases, robust test-plans, develop automated test suites and CloudComputing pipelines and be responsible for high quality and timely delivery ofaccurate and precise data products. This role requires interpretation of dataspecifications and product requirements in order to test spatial as well asnon-spatial datasets for their correctness, completeness, accuracy andprecision. We are looking for data testingengineers who embrace change, drive innovation, and demonstrate deep competencein their areas of expertise.
Pitney Bowes, a global technology company, provides shipping& mailing solutions, data management software, and location intelligenceofferings, powering billions of physical and digital transactions in theconnected and borderless world of commerce.
Helping clients achieve their greatest commerce potentialare Pitney Bowes’ 16,000+ passionate employees around the world, our relentlesspursuit of innovation with over 2,300 active patents, and our focus on clients,who are at the center of all that we do – from small businesses to 90% of theFortune 500.
Knowmore about us-
· UG/PG in Geoinformatics/GIS or related disciplines or B.Tech/B.E. in Computer Science, IT, Mechanical along with relevant work experience in GIS
· At least 2-4 years’ of experience in handling GIS datasets
· Expert level in writing SQL queries, Postgres/GIS, GDAL
· You should be proficient in at least one programming language ( python, Java)
· Experience with AWS or Azure cloud platforms
· Data visualization – knowledge of tools that are cost-effective and make it easy for end users to better understand and produce reports and graphs
· Experience in SQL and NOSQL database technologies ( RedShift /SQLite/PostgreSQL/Mongodb/Neo4j )
· JSON /REST/WSDL services -preferred
· Machine Learning / Data indexing (lucence )/ Continuous Build Integration (Jenkins) – preferred
· Experience managing to customer SLAs
· Experience with agile development and working with agile engineering teams
· Excellent interpersonal skill