Sr Operations Director – Presort mail services
Job Posting Number: 176598
Corporate Omaha, NE February 1, 2019
At Pitney Bowes, we do the right thing, the right way.
As a Sr. Operations Director – Presort Mail for Pitney Bowes, you can too.
We have amazing people who are the driving force, the inspiration and foundation of our company. Our thriving culture can be broken down into four components: Client. Team. Win. Innovate.
We actively look for prospects who:
• Are passionate about client success.
• Enjoy collaborating with others.
• Strive to exceed expectations.
• Move boldly in the quest for superior and best in market solutions.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please apply!
A leader who is responsible for general direction and overall performance of presort operations in multiple sites. You are an architect who will design strategy, process and procedures to be executed at the site level.
- Designs, implements and directs the sorting strategy and oversees all daily presort operations and processes within assigned Mail Exchange region .
- Reviews and directs workflow, processing methods, workforce utilization and efficiency of assigned operating centers.
- Reviews daily, weekly and monthly operational metric reports to ensure the efficiency and integrity of mailing operations.
- Identifies and implements best operational practices and processes across multiple Presort centers
- Mentors and develops existing Operations Managers and staff at assigned operating centers. Ensures continued training to enhance industry skills and leadership qualities. Identifies qualified individuals and develops training programs to ensure complete utilization of talents and skills. Delegates specific responsibilities and follows-up to ensure accountability for assignments.
- Maintains a high level of knowledge of the presort industry, USPS regulations, internal proprietary software, operational strategies and Pitney Bowes pricing strategies.
- Develops and maintains strong working relationship with USPS. Attends periodic meetings and contacts USPS designees to challenge decisions and/or negotiate issues. Maintains current USPS CSA’s for assigned operating centers.
- Will assist Sales in the formulation of new business proposals.
- Assists in the development of capital equipment business cases and oversees the implementation of new equipment and technologies.
- When an operating center moves to a different location or an operating center is established in a new market, the Director of Operations will oversee and manage the process.
As a Sr. Operations Director
- Minimum of 3 years of progressively more responsible experience in the presort, Direct Mail, shipping or logistics industries.
- Ability to train operational team to prepare for more responsibility. Excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to delegate assignments and develop accountability for the assignments given.
- Ability to develop and communicate goals and objectives to operations personnel and to serve as a mentor and trainer to team members.
- History of obtaining continuous improvement in an operations environment to gain efficiency and lower costs.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required to communicate within the company and with clients and employees.
- Requires the ability to plan and set up an operating center from planning stage through start-up of operations.
- Excellent problem solving abilities. Requires ability to implement strategies developed for contingency planning to address emergency situations, i.e. power outages, adverse weather conditions, equipment failure, etc.
- Requires strong understanding of general business practices, general accounting and finance principals at a level usually acquired through completion of a Bachelor’s degree. Requires thorough knowledge and understanding of all USPS regulations, Operational Platforms and Pitney Bowes strategies.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Access and PowerPoint software.
- Ability to travel 30-70% of the time. Requires valid driver’s license and willingness to travel by air. Ability to work on weekends as needed. Required to carry a company cell phone and remain on-call as assigned.
- Provide the opportunity to grow and develop your career
- Offer an inclusive environment that encourages diverse perspectives and ideas
- Deliver challenging and unique opportunities to contribute to the success of a transforming organization
- Offer comprehensive benefits globally (pbprojectliving.com)
Our Presort Services team is a national outsource provider of mail presort services for first-class and standard-class mail in the U.S. and a workshare partner of the United States Postal Service (USPS). Our Presort Services network provides mailers with end-to-end solutions from pick up at their location to delivery into the postal system. Through our network of 33+ U.S. locations, and with our fully customized proprietary technology, we process approximately 15 billion pieces of mail annually and are able to expedite delivery and optimize postage savings for our clients.
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
W/M/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBT are encouraged to apply.
All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with Disabilities link.