At Pitney Bowes, we do the right thing, the right way.
As a Senior Technical Writer for Pitney Bowes, you can too.
We have amazing people who are the driving force, the inspiration and foundation of our company. Our thriving culture can be broken down into four components: Client. Team. Win. Innovate.
We actively look for prospects who:
- Are passionate about client success.
- Enjoy collaborating with others.
- Strive to exceed expectations.
- Move boldly in the quest for superior and best in market solutions.
A Senior Technical Writer who will communicate complex information clearly, concisely and accurately. You will be involved in writing tasks such as: procedural and how-to documentation, example code or scripts, demonstrations, customer communications, release notes, user guides and manuals, and documentation related processes. Technical Writers play an important role at Pitney Bowes. You are a link between engineering, product management, user experience, customer support and our client community.
You will be working on documentation for the Location Intelligence Geocoding and Addressing group that provides foundational technology for several of Pitney Bowes business lines as well as direct external customers. You will have the opportunity to work in a high-performing, cross-functional team delivering enterprise-class solutions and software. You will join our growing team based at Boulder, CO or Troy, NY.
- Collaborate with engineers, product managers, UX designers and other stakeholders to create and maintain high-quality documentation targeted at IT administrators, developers, and business users.
- Create content for releases, service packs, patches and notices to customers.
- Manage the production and publishing of documentation.
- Write, publish and maintain high-quality help content.
- Proofread and edit documents written by others providing feedback and coaching when necessary.
- Be exposed to and create blogs, online portals and video materials.
As a Senior Technical Writer, you have:
- At least 5 years of relevant experience, such as technical writing, product documentation, or online publishing including experience with writing technical customer-facing materials
- BA/BS in Technical Communications, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field preferred
- Experience with documentation tools like DITA, FrameMaker and Oxygen.
- Familiarity with version control systems (Subversion, git).
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- Experience and comfort with agile development methodologies and fast delivery.
- Experience with topic-based, modular authoring and documentation.
- Experience with remote collaboration, and teams with different cultural backgrounds.
- Experience with different forms of communication, including blogs, online portals and video material.
- Provide the opportunity to grow and develop your career.
- Offer an inclusive environment that encourages diverse perspectives and ideas.
- Deliver challenging and unique opportunities to contribute to the success of a transforming organization.
- Offer comprehensive benefits globally (pbprojectliving.com).
Our global Innovation team is dedicated to using the best-in-class tools, processes and modern architectures to create great experiences for our clients. In a rapidly changing world, we have a clear technical vision for our future that includes SaaS, APIs, Big Data, Advanced Analytics, Mobile and the Internet of Things. We are also focused on creating great client experiences, utilizing a Design Thinking platform and approach.
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
W/M/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBT are encouraged to apply.
All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with Disabilities link.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please apply!