Job Posting Number: 176150
Engineering/Innovation Troy, NY February 6, 2019
At Pitney Bowes, we do the right thing, the right way.
As a Software Engineer for Pitney Bowes, you can too.
We have amazing people who are the driving force, the inspiration and foundation of our company. Our thriving culture can be broken down into four components: Client. Team. Win. Innovate.
We actively look for prospects who:
- Are passionate about client success.
- Enjoy collaborating with others.
- Strive to exceed expectations.
- Move boldly in the quest for superior and best in market solutions.
As a member of Product and Solutions Development team, you will be developing cutting edge location intelligence solutions at the Enterprise level as a Software Engineer. This individual will be a part of a small software development team reporting into the Product Development Manager. Location Intelligence is the investigation into the connections between geospatial locations and what exists or occurs in these locations. The team builds products and solutions that are deployed in Hadoop, Docker, and other modern infrastructures. This position will sit in Troy, NY full time.
- Design and develop in an Agile software development environment.
- Write well-developed, testable, scalable, reactive, high quality code and ensure designs are compliant with specifications, standards and best practices.
- Participate actively in design discussions, bringing his/her perspective to product development.
- Create and build quality in the software via unit tests, test plans and test-driven development.
- Conform to company standards while writing code, documentation and project artifacts.
As a Software Engineer, you have:
- At least 2+ years of relevant software development experience in building products leveraging modern technologies and techniques in software development.
- Experience in building software products by leveraging Agile methodology.
- SaaS/Cloud solution development and deployment with emphasis on AWS.
- Programming experience in Java
- Self-motivated and able to deliver on commitments on-time all the time with quality.
- Proactive & willing to take challenging technical initiatives that may be completely new.
- Ability to troubleshoot and quickly resolve software problems.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills are important.
- Advanced problem solving and analytical capabilities.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent preferred.
- Provide the opportunity to grow and develop your career
- Offer an inclusive environment that encourages diverse perspectives and ideas
- Deliver challenging and unique opportunities to contribute to the success of a transforming organization
- Offer comprehensive benefits globally (pbprojectliving.com)
Our global Innovation team is dedicated to using the best-in-class tools, processes and modern architectures to create great experiences for our clients. In a rapidly changing world, we have a clear technical vision for our future that includes SaaS, APIs, Big Data, Advanced Analytics, Mobile and the Internet of Things. We are also focused on creating great client experiences, utilizing a Design Thinking platform and approach.
W/M/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBT are encouraged to apply.
All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with Disabilities link.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please apply!