Senior Software Engineer
At Pitney Bowes, we do the right thing, the right way.
As a Software consultant at Pitney Bowes, you can too. We have amazing people who are the driving force, the inspiration and the foundation of our company. Our thriving culture can be broken down into four components:
Client. Team. Win. Innovate.
We actively look for prospects who:
• Are passionate about client success
• Enjoy collaborating with others
• Strive to exceed expectation
• Move boldly in the quest for superior and best in market solutions
If this sounds like you, then you may be a great fit for Pitney Bowes.
The Location Analytics and Data team within Pitney Bowes Professional Services is looking to add a team member to assist with front-end development of new client solutions. To be successful in this role, candidates should have significant (and demonstrable) Angular and TypeScript development experience. Candidates should also have some experience with location intelligence and/or predictive analytics/data science implementations. The role will be primarily focused on “productized service” development, but there will be significant client-specific implementation work as well, so flexibility and time-management are a must. The team that this role will be a member of is a true global team, so communication and collaboration skills are essential.
• Design, develop, and deliver global analytic and location intelligence solutions• Work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders (project managers, developers, QA engineers, UX designers, clients) to implement world-class solutions
• Be a part of a globally distributed team with members in US, Canada, UK, France, Poland, India, and Australia.
• Get to work with cutting-edge technologies in Cloud Computing, Data Science, Spatial Analytics, and Web
In the first:
– 3 months: You will be introduced to the team, technology stack, and solution areas, then begin work on the product backlog with a mentor.
– 6 months: You will be familiar with technology and project structures. You will start working more independently (but still within the team) on deliverables with review from team members.
– 12 months: You will continue working independently, designing and implementing customer and “productized” solutions. You will also contribute to the technical advancement and best-practices of the team on a regular basis.
As a Senior Software Engineer you must have:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related area
• Angular 6.0+
• Database (SQL Server)
• Excellent communication skills
• Good knowledge of English language to be able to communicate with international teams
• Experience working on complex, multi-tier business solutions
• General data manipulation/creation skills
Nice to haves:
• AWS (primarily EC2 and S3)
• Web Services development
• .NET (C#)
• IIS• Spatial analysis/GIS
• Provide the opportunity to grow and develop your career
• Offer an inclusive environment that encourages diverse perspectives and ideas
• Deliver challenging and unique opportunities to contribute to the success of a transforming organization
• Offer comprehensive benefits globally (pbprojectliving.com)
• Competitive Salary
• Flexible working hours
At Pitney Bowes, our passionate and ambitious team delivers innovations that help clients navigate the complex and always evolving world of commerce: from helping them use data to market to the best customers, to enabling the sending of parcels and packages efficiently, to securing payments through statements and invoices. In everything we do, we deliver accuracy and precision to drive meaningful impact.
Pitney Bowes is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
All interested individuals must apply online.