Business Intelligence Developer – Tableau Developer
Job Posting Number: 181106
Engineering/Innovation Bielsko-Biala, Slaskie November 7, 2019
Business Intelligence Developer
At Pitney Bowes, we do the right thing, the right way.
As a Business Intelligence Developer for Pitney Bowes, you can too.
We have amazing people who are the driving force, the inspiration and the foundation of our company.
Our thriving culture can be broken down into four components. Client. Team. Win. Innovate.
We actively look for prospects who:
- Are passionate about client success
- Enjoy collaborating with others
- Strive to exceed expectations
- Move boldly in the quest for superior and best in market solutions
If this sounds like you, then you may be a great fit for Pitney Bowes.
- A hardworking individual who can derive insights, understand and implement BI solution, influence and collaborate with a variety of cross functional teams
- You are a forward thinker who acts with purposefulness and speed and is committed to deliver success, and innovation.
- As a Business Intelligence Developer you will play an integral part of our Commerce Services Business Intelligence and Analytics team supporting the business, product management, and the operations team by preparing a variety of reporting and analytics tools.
- These tools will help address essential business questions regarding quality, revenue, growth, performance, and profitability of Commerce Services and its key business lines.
- You will receive specifications for required tools from decision makers, business analysts or other key stakeholders and will design, develop, and maintain such cross-functional reports and dashboards.
- Partner with business stakeholders to understand the business drivers and develop intuitive and actionable visual analytics and reporting solutions
- Develop interactive Tableau dashboards for Operational, Financial and Business KPIs
- Represent different dataset and analyses visually in the most intuitive and aesthetic manner using Tableau, Power BI, Microsoft SSRS, Pentaho and other BI tools
- Design, develop, monitor, and maintain ETL solutions against multiple data sources, including associated performance tuning, data profiling and exception handling through analysis of business objectives and knowledge of available toolsets
- Organize data feeds from variety of data sources, writing automated processes to extract and ingest data in datawarehouse environment, and monitoring data stream reliability and availability.
- Perform ad-hoc statistical and data mining analyses and present in a business friendly way to support business decisionsInterrogate data in order to identify new opportunities that can help improve consumer/client experience, increase profitability and improve efficiency
- Write requirements documents, functional/technical specifications, and test plans.
- Work with a global BI team that supports commerce services
- Work with data engineers to inform needs for ongoing data source and data structure development
- Support development and deployment of key performance metrics by helping define, design and instrument new KPIs based on the business evolving needs
- An experienced Business Intelligence Developer with passion for turning data into consumable and decision supporting insights
- Bachelor’s Degree in the field of computer science or information systems, quantitative analysis, statistics, mathematics, business degree is a plus
- A minimum of three years of experience in Tableau, Power BI, SSRS, Pentaho and/or Jaspersoft (Tableau preferably)
- Familiar with data visualization best practices
- Experienced in requirements gathering and translation of business requirements and needs into visualizations and with KPI definition and development
- Solid knowledge of SQL based database solutions (MS SQL, HP Vertica, Snowflake), database design, ETL processes, and performance tuning
- Experience with big data systems and concepts such as Hadoop, Hive, and Pig
- Experience in e-commerce, logistics and transportation a strong plus Experience in work with internationally dispersed teams
- Experience in creating and develop innovative and insightful dashboards/reports that will allow stakeholders to gain effective insight that will inform business decisions Self-starter.
- Able to develop and follow action plans from high-level requirements.
- Relentless willingness to deliver results under time constraints, information uncertainty and competing priorities
- Fluent English and good presentation abilities; able to clearly express complex ideas in a virtual and multi-cultured environment
- Provide the opportunity to grow and develop your career
- Offer an inclusive environment that encourages diverse perspectives and ideas
- Deliver challenging and unique opportunities to contribute to the success of a transforming organization
- Offer comprehensive benefits package
- Opportunity to work remotely within Poland
Pitney Bowes Commerce Services business is the fastest growing business unit at Pitney Bowes. Our full suite of domestic and cross-border solutions help businesses of all sizes conduct commerce to Sell Farther, Ship Greater, and Completely OverdeliverTM. As the global leader in cross-border ecommerce, we manage the end-to-end international journey for more than 300 retailers, direct merchants and online marketplaces worldwide. Our end-to-end value also includes industry-leading capabilities in fulfillment, shipping, and returns. These solutions are enabled by cloud-based innovation and powerful analytics tools. We’ve unlocked the secret to shipping that sells – helping our clients fulfill their brand promise with an out of box experience you have to see to believe, returns so smart, they have their own zip code.
Our Presort Services team is a national outsource provider of mail presort services for first-class and standard-class mail in the U.S. and a workshare partner of the United States Postal Service (USPS). Our Presort Services network provides mailers with end-to-end solutions from pick up at their location to delivery into the postal system. Through our network of 33+ U.S. locations, and with our fully customized proprietary technology, we process approximately 15 billion pieces of mail annually and are able to expedite delivery and optimize postage savings for our clients.
Pitney Bowes is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
All interested individuals must apply online.