At Pitney Bowes, we do the right thing, the right way.
As an Inside Partner Manager for Pitney Bowes, you can too.
We have amazing people who are the driving force, the inspiration and foundation of our company. Our thriving culture can be broken down into four components: Client. Team. Win. Innovate.
We actively look for prospects who:
• Are passionate about client success.
• Enjoy collaborating with others.
• Strive to exceed expectations.
• Move boldly in the quest for superior and best in market solutions.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please apply!
A confident results-driven individual who will contribute to the growth and expansion of the Pitney Bowes Channel business. Inside Partner Managers play a fundamental role in achieving our revenue objectives and are comfortable making dozens of calls per day, working with channel partners, generating interest, qualifying prospects and processing orders.
• Manages any legal engagement activities including end user or Partner agreements.
• Develops formal quotes (CPQ or manual) in support of all partner types.
• Reviews Partner purchase orders for correctness.
• Coordinates the placement of the orders within PB. Coordinates the placement of the orders within PB.
• Monitors fulfillment. • Addresses post-sales questions from partners.
• Insures fee payments are completed.
• Process NFR orders based upon partner requests.
• Performs customer success follow up post-delivery.
• Assist marketing in routing qualified lead opportunities to the appropriate sales executives for further development and closure
• Close sales and achieve
• Team with channel partners and fellow partner managers to build pipeline and close deals
• Create reports on sales metrics.
• Additional special projects.
As an Inside Partner Manager, you have:
• Work experience related to Channels, Business Development, or Sales
• A Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field preferred
• Experience working with Salesforce.com or similar CRM preferred
• Excellent verbal, written and listening communications skills
• Strong analytical skills with a goal-oriented attitude
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
• Organizational and Customer service skills
• Provide the opportunity to grow and develop your career
• Offer an inclusive environment that encourages diverse perspectives and ideas
• Deliver challenging and unique opportunities to contribute to the success of a transforming organization
• Offer comprehensive benefits globally (pbprojectliving.com)
Our Software team powers global commerce, processing billions of transactions every year. Our Software technology and solutions help businesses operate faster and more efficiently. How? By identifying trusted data and insights to create targeted, effective messaging, by providing accurate geographic data to make smarter business decisions, and by delivering relevant and engaging interactions across the customer lifecycle to drive increased satisfaction.
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
W/M/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBT are encouraged to apply.
All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with Disabilities link.
If you’d like to be considered for this position, please apply!